- Salary £30,000 - £39,000
Ready for a new challenge? Want a varied and fulfilling role in theatre, working with a friendly team of primary and secondary care colleagues and a range of visiting specialists? If so, come and join our thriving community in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
A varied and challenging theatre role, you will be responsible for the only operating theatre in the Falkland Islands and will manage the theatre and associated resources to provide a quality service that allows the surgeon, anaesthetist and other visiting specialists to operate in a safe and effective environment.
We are looking for experienced and confident theatre practitioners, who have worked across a wide range of operating theatre environments in order to be able to assist the surgical team across the range of cases undertaken in the islands, including both planned and unplanned, major trauma and minor surgical cases.
· Degree or equivalent qualifications in theatre nursing / operating department practitioner training, enabling current registration with UK NMC/AHP or equivalent.
· Evidence of continuing professional development, enabling revalidation.
· At least five years post-registration experience (ideally 7+) in theatre.
· Experience in a wide range of operating theatre environments and able to work throughout the patient pathway from first referral to discharge from the surgical caseload.
· ‘Can-do’ style, reflecting the need to be flexible across a range of responsibilities.
· Initial 2-4 Years Fixed Term Contract, with potential for extension by mutual agreement.
· Salary Range: £30-39k, starting salaries will be dependent upon experience.
· 25% Gratuity paid upon successful completion of the contract.
· 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave)
· Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
· Flights package for you and your dependents, including mid-term return flight home.
· Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you get settled in.
How to Apply
Please complete an online application via our online vacancy page, by clicking on the ‘Apply Online’ button and completing the form.
Applications will be open until 23.00 UK Time on Sunday 09 February 2020.
If you have any questions about this vacancy and how to apply, you can contact our HR team on email@example.com.
Please note, CVs sent directly via email will not be considered without a completed application form