Are you a dedicated Occupational Therapist ready to make a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals dealing with severe and enduring mental illness?
Nurse Jobs Ireland, in collaboration with an independent Mental Health Service in South Dublin, invites applications for the position of Basic Grade Occupational Therapist to join their dynamic multidisciplinary team.
In this challenging yet rewarding job, you will play a vital role in the rehabilitation process, offering essential support to patients with complex needs. You’ll have the autonomy to manage your caseload independently, contributing significantly to positive patient outcomes.
- Full-time, permanent position
- 37 hours per week
- Competitive salary range: €37,000 – €54,000 DOE
As a Basic Grade Occupational Therapist, your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering Occupational Therapy services that adhere to the highest clinical standards and align with local and national benchmarks.
- Conducting assessments, diagnoses, treatment planning, implementation, and evaluation of intervention programs for residents and patients according to professional standards.
- Collaborating with residents, families, caregivers, and fellow staff in setting goals and planning interventions.
- Actively participating in the multidisciplinary healthcare team, fostering cooperation and collaboration with team members.
- Maintaining comprehensive clinical records of assessments, interventions, and resident-related discussions.
- Ensuring the provision of Occupational Therapy services within legal compliance and effective management of resources within budget constraints.
- Contributing as an active member of the Clinical Governance Committee, aiding in the development and execution of strategic and operational plans.
- Receiving monthly supervision from a Senior Occupational Therapist.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Registration on the Occupational Therapists Register maintained by the Occupational Therapists Registration Board at CORU.
- Possession of a degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent qualification, with eligibility for membership with the AOTI.
- Strong knowledge of health, safety, and other regulatory requirements impacting healthcare organizations.
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in IT skills.
- A responsible, patient-focused approach.
- Self-confidence, enthusiasm, and effective influencing and negotiation skills.
We offer a range of benefits, including:
- Family-friendly working arrangements
- Contributory pension
- Opportunities for career development
- Comprehensive training programs
- Support for further education
- On-site library and research facilities
- Recharge Employee well-being program
- Long Service Recognition
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidized restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax-saver commuter tickets
If you are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and believe it could be the next step in your career, we invite you to ‘Apply.’
For any questions or to discuss the position before applying, please call Shane at 01 905 9333. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Salary €37,000 – €54,000 DOE